Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Fall Quinoa Salad




I made this  fall salad earlier this week and I can't stop eating it! 
I love quinoa! There are so many different things you can do with it AND you can make a big batch that will last you all week.  I have to keep healthy foods in my fridge that are ready to go, in order to stay on track with my diet.  

This quinoa salad is one of my favs & it's suppeerrr easy to make!

Cranberry Pecan Quinoa Salad 

Ingredients: 
1 Box of Quinoa 
4 cups Vegetable Broth 
Dried or Fresh Cranberries 
1/2 Cup of Pecans or Walnuts 
1/2 cup Green Onions 
Sea Salt to Taste 
Black Pepper to Taste
(optional) Feel free to add chopped or shredded chicken 

Directions: 
Follow directions on box of quinoa.  Typically you'll use 2 cups of liquid per 1 cup of quinoa.  I like to replace the water (what the box calls for)  with vegetable broth for more flavor.  I usually cook an entire box of quinoa at one time, which comes out to two cups of quinoa and I'll use 4 cups of vegetable broth.  

Cook the quinoa in a large pot over medium heat for 15 minutes or until done. 


While the quinoa is cooking, chop up your green onions and nuts.  Place in a bowl with the cranberries.  Once your quinoa is done, add in the cranberries, onions, and pecans.  Add salt and pepper. 

Serve chilled or at room temperature!




I personally think this salad tastes even better after it's been in the fridge for a couple hours or served the next day.  The holidays are right around the corner and this fall salad makes for a fantastic side dish! 

This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and vegan (without chicken) 


Wishing you a happy and healthy fall! 

XoXo 
Ashley 








No comments:

Post a Comment