Here is my 3 Day Challenge for a Last Minute Slim Down!
1. Start your morning off with 1 cup of warm lemon water.
Lemon water helps reduce inflammation, aids digestion, cleanses your system, and helps with weight loss.
2. Drink a green juice for breakfast. (Make with JUICER or purchase fresh organic green juice) Each night our bodies detox naturally. By starting our morning off with lemon water, followed by a detox juice, we are prolonging that process. It's important to continually detox rather than playing red light, green light with our bodies.
Green Detox Juice Recipe
2 cups of Spinach
2 cups of Kale
1 loose cup of Parsley
2 Pears (or 3 Medium pears)
3. Throughout the day, sip on dandelion root tea. It helps remove bloat naturally.
4. Morning Snack: Your choice of a 2nd green juice, an apple, or a grapefruit.
5. Enjoy a refreshing salad for lunch.
Fall in love with creating the perfect healthy salad! Keep it light and try to stay away from dairy and croutons (or any bread toppings) The last thing you want to do is have a four course meal with a side of lettuce.
My go to salad recipe is:
Shredded Purple Cabbage
Olive Oil Balsamic Dressing
6. Mid Afternoon Snack Choices:
Laura Bar (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Organic)
Kale Chips (My favorite brand is Alive & Radiant)
or 2 Slices of Ezekiel Bread
7. Have a green smoothie for dinner.
This may be hard for some. I know the concept of not eating but drinking dinner is frightening, but remember that this challenge is 3 days. There are 362 other nights a year to enjoy a sit down meal :) I recommend finishing your day with a green smoothie for a few reasons. The first being that in order to get results- it's important to start and end our day with foods that hold high detoxing properties. The second reason is that the fiber from the smoothie will not only keep you full, but the fiber will also help flush out toxins from your system. This last step is vital in order to shed excess weight and de-bloat.
Green Smoothie Recipe:
1 Cup of Water
2 Cups of Spinach
1 Granny Smith Apple
Juice of 1 Lemon
I hope you enjoyed this blog!!
Wishing you a healthy and happy week!