Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Non-Juicing Grocery List

Happy Wednesday! 

I have had a lot of questions about what I eat when I'm not juicing.  In my previous blogs I've mentioned my digestive issues and my doctor has recommended that I stay away from certain foods.  
No, No's for Me: 
  • All Wheat, Barely & Rye Products 
  • Dairy 
  • Sugar 
  • Minimal Red Meats
Well... That's pretty much impossible and very difficult to stick to therefore instead of eliminating those foods all together, I just try and eat them very minimally.  Also, I am not extremely adventurous when it comes to food (shocker.. I know) I unfortunately hate seafood and I don't enjoy eating lots of vegetables (one reason I love juicing... I can't taste them in juice) With that being said, there are definitely a lot more food items that you can add to this list, this is just my own personal food preference list.


My Grocery List

  • Eggs (I eat whole eggs... not egg whites) 
  • Chicken (grilled, baked, or in the crock pot) 
  • Turkey Breast 
  • Ground Turkey (Lean) 
  • Turkey Burgers
  • Turkey Bacon  (Nitrate-Free)
  • Nitrate-Free Lunch Meat (Hormel is a good brand)
  • Lentils (Beans)
  • Hummus (Good substitute for cheese on sandwiches)
  • Ezekiel Bread (They have Ezekiel tortillas and muffins as well)
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • All Natural Pop-Corn (Boom-Chica-Pop is my favorite brand)
  • Avocados 
  • Tomatoes 
  • Apples 
  • All kinds of Berries 
  • Steel-Cut Oatmeal
  • Quinoa 
  • Salad (Homemade) 
  • Feta Cheese 
  • Olives (Black and Green)
  • All types of Nuts
  • Green Tea 
  • Almond Milk  or Coconut Milk

This was such a hard concept for me to understand!  I had always been about the numbers,  the calories, and the carbs.  When I stopped counting calories and just simply starting eating healthy and paying attention to labels is when I saw the most results with my health and with my body! 



 EXAMPLE WEEK:

Here is an example of what I am doing this week...

Breakfast: Juice

Morning Snack: Juice

Lunch: Ezekiel Bread Sandwich with Nitrate-Free lunch meat, hummus, tomato, and avocado with a light salad. (by light I mean no ranch dressing and croutons for example)

Afternoon Snack: Nuts or Greek Yogurt or all natural pop-corn (I try to only eat the pop corn a few times a week, its more of a treat than an everyday thing)

Dinner: Juice OR Chicken with Quinoa OR Eggs with Turkey Bacon OR Chicken Salad OR Turkey Burger wrapped in Lettuce with Sweet Potato Fries

I like to start my day with a juice because it makes me feel healthy and I feel like I am able to stay on track when I start off my day with a juice.  I usually try and juice for dinner.  I don't like to go to bed on a full stomach and I need the most energy in the afternoons rather than at night before bed.


Some other DONT'S to try and stay away from:
  • All over processed foods (white flour & sugar) 
  • Chemically charge foods
  • Foods with preservatives 
  • Artificial sugars
  • Artificial foods (ex: individually wrapped sliced cheese)
  • Saturated and Trans Fat 
  • Sugar Loaded Beverages (Cokes, Gatorade, Energy Drinks)
  • Calorie dense foods (Diet Coke) 




If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment =) 

Xoxo
-Ashley

For Daily Tips and Recipes follow me on: 

Instagram: ashleynicolemora1 
Twitter: MissAshleyMoora 





REMINDER:  I am no health expert, I am not majoring in health education, I do not have any type license.  I do not know what works for anyone other than myself however I do know that juicing has had a huge and positive impact on my life and I am happy to share what its done for me.  If you have questions I HIGHLY recommend consulting your doctor before trying anything I have shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment