Total Pageviews

Monday, November 13, 2017

Protein Donuts




Hello everyone! 

After purchasing some protein pancake mix awhile ago, I decided to try and make some homemade protein donuts.  I've been experimenting with different ingredients for a few months and I finally feel like I nailed down the perfect recipe! 







First of all, let me just say that protein pancake mix should be a staple in your pantry!  I use it all the time for pancakes, donuts, protein banana bread, and more!  I love that the mix is so versatile! I typically use Flapjacked mix but any protein pancake mix should work.  


The recipe I'm sharing today is super easy and makes around 6 donuts.  You might want to double up on the recipe because you'll for sure want more!  







You'll need a donut pan.  You can find them just about anywhere.  This one on Amazon is 7.99 for a two pack.  





Prep Time: 5 Minutes 


Cook Time: 10-15 minutes 






Donut Ingredients:
1 cup of protein pancake mix
1/4 cup of stevia
1 tbsp of baking powder
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1 egg
2 tbsp of coconut oil
1/2 cup of coconut milk or milk of choice
1 tsp of of vanilla


Baking Instructions: 

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix everything together. Spray pan with coconut oil baking spray.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. I always set the timer for 10 minutes and then add time if needed. Donuts should be fluffy and slightly browned at the top.

Frosting Ingredients:

Protein powder 
Water

Frosting instructions:  Mix vanilla or chocolate protein powder, and a very small amount of water together. I usually use around 2 scoops of protein powder just because I like to cover the donuts in a decent amount of frosting. Make sure you mix in very SMALL amounts of water until it gets  pretty sticky.  You don't want the frosting to melt off and you want the sprinkles to stick.  Frost donuts then add sprinkles.


You can also mix stevia/truvia together with cinnamon and just dust the top of the donuts for a simple donut.  


I hope you enjoy this recipe! 


Tag me in your posts if you decide to try them out @RealAshleyMora 


Xoxo, 

Ash 

























No comments:

Post a Comment